Monday, December 2, 2013

For the Beauty of the Earth

For the beauty of the earth,
for the beauty of the skies,
for the love which from our birth
over and around us lies,

Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our grateful hymn of praise.

For the beauty of each hour
of the day and of the night,
hill and vale, and tree and flower,
sun and moon, and stars of light,

Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our grateful hymn of praise.

This hymn has just been running through my head these last couple of days.  I look around me and I see so much beauty.  I'm driving along and I think OH I wish I had my camera.  So here's a couple instances when I did.
 Lamppost silhouetted by the sunrise
 Frost over the water at sunrise
 Sun shining through the forest along a undeveloped road
 Green moss on a tree in the forest

 Frost on a rosebud with a lamppost behind
 Frost on the roses in the gray dawn 
 Frosty grass in my lawn
 Water from snowmelt trickling over a cliff
Icicles and hanging moss

This is my last reflective post until after the holidays.  I'll be posting a series called "An Unfinished Story" in preparation for Christmas, so keep an eye out!


No comments:

Post a Comment