Thursday, November 11, 2010

Our Reflections

Allow us to introduce ourselves: our names are Sara and Malea.

I (Malea) have a pretty normal life. I wish I could say that I live on the moon and have an alien as a pet or something, but I can’t. I have lived here in Washington my whole life. I was born and raised in a Christian home - my Dad is a pastor. I guess that’s something not normal about me, not a lotta people can say that they’re P.K.s. I gave my life to Jesus when I was just five years old and have been loving him ever since. Of course, there has been some times when I’ve doubted that he even existed ... I’m definitely far from perfect. But right now I am very committed to living my life for Him and I pray I always will be. I love my life, and my friends, and my family. Some of my dreams are to become a photographer, marry Prince Charming, and adopt. Recently, I have promised God that I will live a life of purity, not just physically but emotionally and mentally, too. The last part I have struggled with - it’s so easy to let my imagination run away with me! I’m hoping that this blog, Reflections on Life, will help me keep my thinking straight and focused on God.

I (Sara) am also a pretty normal teen.   Both of my parents are Christians, as is my whole extended family, so I’ve never known anything but Christianity; I accepted Jesus when I was four or five.  When I was 10, my family adopted from Zambia.  That is really what has put the most stress on my life and caused me to doubt God most; we all have our doubts, that’s just the cause of mine.  I’m constantly fighting with Ivan, but I’m learning to put those hurts and even hopes in God, and that only He is worthy to hold up under them.  Next year, my family is moving to South Africa for Dad’s work; he’s a manager at World Vision.  That is scary, and none of my friends want me to go, but I’m also putting my fears on God, and He will help me pull through.  Other than those two things, I live an ordinary life.  I have 5 siblings, I am in 9th grade, I attend youth group weekly at Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church, and I love hanging out with my friends.  

Even though we are Christians and will talk about God and the Bible a lot in our blog, we want you to keep reading whether you have a relationship with Jesus or not. We don’t want to shove Him down your throat but we are going to write from a Christian view point ...
In this blog we are going to talk about things like makeup, guys, fashion, purity, media, modesty, and everything in between.  We are going to share our struggles, tastes, ideas, commitments, and even some of our mistakes. Our goal is to encourage you to start/continue your journey towards purity as fellow teen girls. (Because we’re probably going through similar things you’re going through.)
If you would like to ask us any questions, we would love to hear from you! You can contact us by emailing to: reflections.on.life764@gmail.com
Also, in the future, we will be switching on and off between who writes the posts. When Malea is writing, it will be in the color blue, when Sara is writing, it will be in purple, and when we do a post together it will be black.

A Reflection by Sara and Malea.

No comments:

Post a Comment