Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer wear

                 Swimsuits. It's summer, and they are all over the place. Or not. They hardly cover anything at all, just the sparest amounts of skin, and even girls who are conscious of modesty can fall into this trap. The swimsuits being sold just aren't modest - so even if we go for the most modest out there, they just don't meet our standards. Our standards shouldn't be any lower just because we're getting in the water. Beyond that, the "modest" swimsuits that are sold just aren't cute.  But I needed a new swimsuit recently, and I won't settle for immodest suits. So I figured I might as well share my findings. For me, swimsuits have to be just modest as street clothes.  That means my fingertips can't touch skin when they are hanging at my sides, and when I fix my thumb between my collar bones, the neckline can't go below my pinky finger if my hand is flat.  To find this, I actually went to a site Malea suggested: limericki.com. Limericki is a site that prides itself on the modesty of their swimsuits, and the suits are cute, too. They have one pieces as well as tankinis, and they sell bottoms as well, boy shorts, hipsters, and skirts. However, I prefer board shorts, I went to Amazon.com for these. Board shorts come in many lengths, so you can wear them to your comfort level. This summer, let's start a new trend and bring modest swimsuits back in style; for good. Don't go with the crowd; get the crowd to follow you.

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for following me! I look forward to getting to know each other :)

    Samarah♥

    ReplyDelete