Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Funny Poem

The stars shine above us in a lovely sight,
I wish I could stay up and watch them all night.
But alas, it is true;
the rumbling in my tummy is begging for stew.
If only I may butter my bread,
and eat every piece before heading to bed!
But, instead,
I must take only one slice.
Though I possess the ability to devour it twice.
Three times, four times, maybe even more,
I opened the cupboard and peeked through the door.
The candy looked so tasty,
the cake all alone!
I decided to keep it company,
no one would know.
I took one small bite-
I was too hungry to resist!
Either the cake looked so yummy or my mind was playing tricks.
I took just one small bite,
that's when all went amiss!
I had to have another bite, then another,
then more.
Soon there was nothing left behind the cupboard door.
Perhaps Mother was right,
I shouldn't eat so many sweets.
They filled my tummy right up to the brink!
Then the room began spinning,
and spinning galore!
Before I knew it,
I was fast asleep on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment