Friday, April 29, 2011

Starstruck

Have you ever gone outside on a clear summer night, lain down on the grass or on your porch, and just looked at the stars?  This is one of my favorite things to do.  Outside in the clear air (I lived in a relatively remote spot, on four acres of land), looking up at the brilliant stars, and, sometimes, the Milky Way, I feel so close to God.  And yet, so small.  The stars up in the night sky looking down where I lay remind me of how beautiful God is, and they show me that I’m not the center of the universe, I’m tiny compared to the world God has created and compared to Him.
            I also love looking at the Hubble photographs.  The beauty of the galaxies simply astounds me.  Sometimes, I’ll imagine myself up in the night sky, holding Jesus’ hand, and He’s showing me the galaxies; when I picture that, I about start crying for joy.  Our Lord created those things for us, because He could.  For us, He wanted to.  Imagine that!  God, so big, who was able to create the millions of galaxies, did it for us, because He loves us that much.
            Another of my favorite songs is ‘Light Up the Sky’ by the Afters.  The chorus reads

You light light light up the sky, You light up the sky to show me You are with me.  I I I can’t deny, no I can’t deny that You are right here with me.  You open my eyes so I can see You all around me.  You light light light up the sky, you light up the sky to show me you are with me.
             
Whenever you’re feeling down, look at the stars, and remember just how big God’s love is for you.  God, who created the stars, and dresses the lilies of the field, know the number of hairs on your head and loves you for who you are.

I'm giving my life to the only One who makes the moon reflect the sun.
Every starry night, that was His design.
I'm giving my life to the only Son, who was and is and yet to come
Let the praises ring, 'cause He is everything
'Cause He is everything

No comments:

Post a Comment